Friday, August 1, 2008

Shayden's Glasses!

It's official, Shayden needs glasses.

I was really sad about it.
I thought when I married Jonas with perfect vision, that meant that I was guarenteed kids with perfect vision too. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?
We have known for a while now that his eyesight needed looking into, toward the end of the school year he was complaining about it and then on our trip I could tell that he had a hard time reading things that were not too far.
So we went and tried frames on and I cried. I must be pregnant.
At least he is excited.
The dr said it is only part time and if he is out playing he doesn't need them. And his perscription is not nearly as bad as I had imagined. We will see how it goes. I am still pretty bummed about it but oh well. I want him to do the best he can in school.
Am I overreacting? Maybe it is not that big of a deal.
None of these are the ones he picked, btw:


Guess who else wants glasses now?

3 had something to say!:

FAB SIX said...

cameron wanted glasses for the longest time. now that he has them he doesn't want them as much anymore. however he needs them at least for school work, watching movies, and tv.

it is better to be sure the kids can see and succeed in school.

Yadira said...

Shayden looks cute in glasses. And Jasmine too. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Kailee said...

He looks so cute in his glasses! It can be a pain though, but make him think of it as a blessing rather than a trial.