Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Education Week 2008

After talking about going together for years, my sister and I finally made it for one day to Education week at BYU. It was a nice day of bonding for us. I love spending time with my sister. My 16 yr old niece came too but she was too cool to hang out with us so she went with her friends ;)


The classes were all amazing, I wasn't disappointed by any of them. They are all such good speakers and topics.

We took some really well rounded classes, here are the topics, not the exact ones but in my words:

1-How to be a more effective teacher of children (great ideas for Primary!)

2-Family traditions that help convert our children.

3-How to have a happy marriage.

4-For women-Choosing not to be busy all the time (what, you mean that's a bad thing?)

5-Celebrating humor in the Gospel by Vickey Pahnke which is normally a youth speaker, I remembered her from when I went back in High School, she was awesome.


Later we shopped for good deals in the bookstore and went and got a bite to eat.

My kids spent the entire day playing with their cousins at my sister's house. Which of course, they loved.

It was an inspiring day and hopefully I will be able to implement some of what I learned.

4 had something to say!:

Jenny said...

I would love to go someday! - It sounds like you had a great bonding with your Sis! :) how fun!

Melissa said...

Wish I would have known you were there. I would have loved to see you. I went for the first time with my mom for Tuesday and Wednesdays classes. I loved it to.

Melissa said...

The last sentence should say, I loved it TOO. =)

VPT said...

Thank you so much for your kind words re: my education week class this year. : ) It is good to have you 'back' as an adult, after your attendance as a 'youth'!

I was searching for a particular article from 'way back when' and came across your "happy place" [what a great name!]-- and was grateful to read that you found the class an enjoyable one.... thank you so much for attending!

Please come up and let me give you a hug if you attend next year. :)

Loving best to you and your family,

Vickey Pahnke Taylor