Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last Day of School

This post is way late still had to document it.
First Grade is over and now it is on to Second Grade!
Overall it was a good year, I am very happy with the school, and his teacher was good for him. I am so glad that I got to go in and volunteer pretty much once a week because it gave me such an inside view into what was going on. I think this is my #1 advice to any mom with kids starting school. Volunteer!
Shayden and his teacher.
This was Shay handing out his birthday treats for the class. He was kind of militant about it. He was lucky that he got to have a birthday celebration because the last day of school was the day before his birthday.
These are some of his best friends.
They had a talent show on the last day which I thought was a cute idea.

By the end of the year I was so done with homework and uniforms and making lunches and since Summer is my favorite season of all I am so happy to welcome in swimming, festivals, and warm, warm, warm! Also I am ready to have so much more time with Shayden, all day at school is a long time. (I am sure that by the end of the summer I will be ready for school to start too).

2 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

So glad that school was good! I agree...volunteer, volunteer, volunteer!

Andersons said...

Are you not so excited for summer! I love the new blog look! It is sooo cute. I love the pics from Louisianna. I cant spell, did you know this?