Thursday, June 26, 2008

Five kids for Three Days

My sister and brother in law got the chance to go on Trek again. Why people would willingly submit themselves to this kind of torture is beyond me (much less twice). Just kidding, everyone that I know that has done it has said what a great thing it was. This time their two oldest daughters are old enough to go so that means we got to take care of the 3 youngest. We thought for sure that my youngest niece would have a hard time since she is still quite attached to her mom, but she did great! It has been a fun filled week. Here are some highlights.

We went to a Radio Disney party at the Gallivan Center on the first day. My little niece has a mad face but she was really happy. It was very, very, hot though.


And this was the outcome of the party (and a one hour wait in line):

That day we also had lunch and ran through the fountains at Liberty Park.

That night we went to see Horton Hears a Hoo which none of us had seen still.

Then on Friday we went to Jungle Jims.


Then the last day, Saturday I dragged all 5 kids to yard sales with me! My parents thought I was nuts. But they wanted to go, they could have stayed home with Jonas. Later we went to the Ogden Nature Center since we needed to drop off the kids north of SL anyway, and it was a free day. Of course it was deathly hot too. I was so worried that my nieces were going to get sun burned so bad because they are so fair skinned (well compared to mine), but luckily, they didn't.

It was a nice little walk, we should have worn better shoes though.
They had a pretty awesome tree house.


And tower thing,

And look how close this deer came to us!

See, she was happy.
I love the pretty mountains.

It was a fun few days, I am glad that my kids have such awesome cousins!

4 had something to say!:

Yadira said...

Zildy, that looks loke fun the nature center. I live pretty close to it and never gone, I guess I should try that soon.

I have a good life said...

I am so glad that it turned out great! :) I was thinking of and praying for all of you! I miss you like crazy.

Kailee said...

Yay! I'm so glad they all had fun. I was a little worried when I found out they were staying with you...JK! They had a great time with you guys and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded staying long!

Lisette said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The kids had a blast!