Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day 2008

This year we started a couple of new traditions. The first was making Jonas a Father's Day Tie. He got one a few years ago from our nursery leader with Jasmine's picture and now he has one with the 2 1/2 kids on it. He wore it proudly so I think he loved it, and we had fun making it. I think we will do one for each year.


(the purple gloves were for the umpa loompa dance we made him do later)


The kids and I made him a yummy breakfast and then after church we worked hard at creating our first annual Father's Day scavenger hunt. We made him run all over the place doing silly things for his presents, it was great. The kids loved seeing dad be silly, as usual.

For one of the more serious presents, we gave him the flag from when his father passed away since he was in the military. It was in a nice hanging frame and it was perfect since it was Father's day. He was really touched by that gift.



Later that night we went to have dinner at my sister's home and opened presents, etc.

(my own silly dad)


I am so glad that I married a man that would turn out to be such a wonderful father.
Thank you Jonas, for all that you do for our family.

1 had something to say!:

Erica said...

Elder Manuel, it is nice to see your family. I am sorry I didn't check out your wife's blog sooner after you sent me the link. Fell free to check out your blog. We live pretty close to where you are from I guess, didn't you grow up in Lafayette Louisiana?

http://web.mac.com/ericapeeler/Peelers_Home_Page/Welcome.html

Benjamin Peeler (i.e., Elder Peeler).