Friday, June 20, 2008

It's official...at least we hope!

We found out what the baby's gender is! To make it a little more special, we did the same thing as when Jasmine was born: we told the ultrasound techs that we didn't want to know yet and so they took a picture and sealed it in an envelope. (They had to turn the screen while they were checking on it.) Then we got to come home and share it with the kids, my nieces, nephew, and my mom. It was really cool.


We let Shayden open it and when he read......"boy" he was jumping up and down so happy yelling "boy! boy!"


Of course this made Jasmine so sad (I think his reaction compounded her disapointment because it felt like she had somehow lost at something) and she cried and cried "but I wanted it to be a girl!"

It was hard to calm her down until I offered to paint her nails because "that's what girls get to do". It was funny.
So we are having a boy!


I already knew it, ever since Jasmine was born I knew the next one would be a boy.

Yeah!

6 had something to say!:

Yadira said...

Congrats, Zildy and Jonas and the whole family. I'am so excited to see that cute little boy. You always wonder who is this one going to look like. Your boy and girl are so cute I bet this one will be even cuter. Can't wait to see him hopefully for the green elephant party.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Well, it would have been wonderful news if it was a girl too. =) So, anyway - that is a fun way to find out the sex of the baby. Thanks for sharing that. I took my 3 boys in for the ultrasound of Dallin and Carson threw a huge fit, because he wanted it to be a sister. He wouldn't stop crying. It was almost cute. But not!

This is Us! said...

Wow, yep, you called it! That's so dang exciting!!! Sorry to hear about Jasmine though...poor thing! She'll love the little guy when he's here though, right!

Kailee said...

Yahoo for a boy! Gracie was wishing for a girl too i'm sure, but it was about time we got another little boy around!

Jenny said...

I was so thinking it would be a girl! -- I am excited for your kids to have a little brother - how exciting!! - Your folks definitely need more boys! congrats!! love you guys!!

FAB SIX said...

whooo hoooo another cute boy. congrats for your whole family.