Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nanny Friday

Last Friday I spent all day watching kids and it turned out to be a pretty fun. I had planned on spending the entire day just cleaning up, doing housework stuff but I got a call right when I got done working from my friend Jess. She was frantic because her babysitter just called and said she couldn't watch her kids all day as planned. Well, both her and her husband were stuck at work. I didn't have a way to go get the kids and bring them to my house because I don't have room in my car for 5 kids so I went over to her house and stayed there for the rest of the day.
This is a picture of their dog staring at me while I read my book (I read about 100 pages!). Who knew I could be friendly with a pitbull? He used to scare me but he is so harmless.
The kids played so well and the little-er ones even took a nap. They had fun together of course.
I left there at 5:30 and then at 6pm the kids started filing in for our babysitting co-op for Date night that we do on Friday nights. I had 8 kids this time and I was on my own, Jonas was working. I couldn't believe how smooth things went. No meltdowns during dinner, no fuss about clean up, intently watching the movie, and then they all went right to sleep! Wow, that was easy.
Here they are all lined up in a row (they did that themselves) watching Stuart Little 2.

0 had something to say!: