Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

What a beautiful Easter Sunday it has been. Today when I came out of my dungeon (what I affectionately call my office downstairs), the sun was shining and the birds were singing!
I know I am biased but I think my kids looked so adorable in their little Easter outfits. And the best part about it is that they were thrift store specials~Jasmine's dress was $4! So was her sweater, and Shayden's shirt. That makes it 10 times better for me, because I am weird like that. I also made Jasmine's bows, and she is always asking me if I made things with my own hands and I am always disappointing her by saying "no, I bought them at the store," so this time I was able to say yes!

We went to family dinner at my sister's house and the kids did their traditional Easter egg hunt for the kids. So what they lacked yesterday, they made up for today, let me tell you. I think the kids said they hid like 120 or so eggs! It was crazy. But the cousins are so sweet to take the time and do this each year.



I have to blog about my Guatemala skirt that I wore today. It is so special to me because it was my one big purchase while I was there and I haven't worn it in the whole 5 months that we have been back. I saw it one day at the market and fell in love with it but wasn't quite sure. Then the last day that we were there, I hadn't found another one that I loved more, so I begged my dad to take me back to the market and it was still there! They don't mass produce things like this, so I was lucky that it was there since it was the only one. I love it.

This is the greatest picture ever that Jonas took. Aren't they adorable?

4 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

Your kids looked adorable at church, as did you. YOU were the one working it Sunday! Glad you guys all had such a wonderful Easter!

Tara said...

Obviously, your kids are so adorable.

Kailee said...

I love those pictures. They are sooooo cute. The one with all of us is hilarious!

Kailee said...

ALERT! ALERT! You told me to tell you when I make another post, so I'm just letting you know. p.s. i used your advice