Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Halloween Time!

Jasmine has been begging me to decorate for Halloween for some time now. She is totally at the age where she anticipates holidays big time.
She keeps saying "Halloween takes for a long time, huh mom?"
Last Saturday was the perfect day because we went to the pumpkin patch at Wheeler Farm with my work and got all wet and cold, so that night we stayed in and had a fun night of Halloween activities.
This is us on the hay ride at Wheeler Farm. Shay picked this enormous pumpkin, he wants to make it into a shark!

I love collecting costumes and so we had fun trying on different things.
Wigs are my favorite, I wish I had a wig closet with all of them on head mannequins! That would be so awesome.
Jasmine refused to wear a wig, surprise, surprise.

Nights like these are good for me because I always have this need to take my kids somewhere, but we had just as much fun hanging out at home, and saved on gas. Plus, then I read this post from my friend Janet and it totally resonated with me because I just want to savor all of these moments while my kids are so little. They grow up so fast, but you already know that!

I think some of the parents that I work with mistakenly think that the main job of a parent is to correct behavior, but I am learning more and more that it is really all about relationship building. Okay that is enough with the preaching.

One last Halloweeny thing: I got the idea for this cute Halloween wreath from my friend over at Spurling Sprite, (who got it from someone else I think). Mine is a little simpler than hers, I might have to add more webbing, but I still like it. It was super easy and cheap, two things that I love. I also love something cute and festive on the front door. Thanks Isela, for the idea!

Halloween is so much fun!

3 had something to say!:

Lisa M said...

I love the Halloween costumes way cute!! I love the wigs!

Kailee said...

Oh Shayden...haha!

Lisette said...

You are so silly!