Thursday, October 16, 2008

I love my job(s)!

On the verge of going on Maternity Leave, I had to write a tribute to my 2 wonderful jobs that allow me to work like 30 hours per week but still "feel" like a stay at home mom somehow.

You see my job with Jetblue Airways is awesome because I get to work from home. This means that I don't have to scrape the snow off my car, I can wake up literally 7 min before my shift starts, and I work in my pj's while I blog-without worrying about someone watching over my shoulder. But the best part about it is that it also allows me and my family to see places like this for absolutely free:













But there is not a lot of personal interaction at that job. That's when my Early Head Start job comes in. I get to go one day a week and work in an office with a bunch of fun and crazy gals. I have worked with a bunch of catty and gossipy women before, and I think it is a miracle that this group is not like that. We all get along so well! It is hard to get anything done when I go in because Thursday is like party day there. I also love this job because I get to keep up on my social work skills. Plus I get to go to tons of trainings on working with kids 0-3 which helps me keep up on my mom skills!
I can take my kids to the office sometimes (then I really can't get much done!):

I get to take them to fun places like this:

And I get to act like a kid again!
So this is the group of gals that decided to tell me we had a mandatory "Risk Management" meeting this week and when I showed up yelled "SURPRISE" and threw me the awesomest baby shower ever! They went all out and it was so much fun.

There were even cute little planes and "clouds" hanging from the ceiling.

Can you tell I was shocked by this hilarious picture?The airplane cake was awesome!We played silly and fun games and laughed a lot!


Especially this game where we fed each other baby food! It was so gross but so funny to see it all over each other's faces!It was so fun just to talk and laugh, much better than a "risk management" meeting. Thank you ladies for such a great night!!! It was very memorable!

6 had something to say!:

Lisa M said...

What a great surprise a baby shower. I am so glad that you have been able to use the perks of JetBlue. Is there anyone else from our training group still working there??

Yvonne said...

What a blessing to love your jobs! Not many can say that! You make me want to work for Jet blue too! Looks like your shower was really fun!

PinkiMimi said...

Gee, what great jobs! I want to work for Jet Blue too. The "Risk Management Meeting" looks great! Glad they did that for you. The count down is really on. I love the count down on the blog.

FAB SIX said...

Lots of fun!

I have a good life said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that you have such awesome jobs. You are so stellar at balancing all you do. When I grow up, I so want to be like you! :)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Man, that looks like a fun party and amazing co-workers. We can't wait to see the new little one! I keep watching your countdown!!!