Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby News!

Well our so called "November baby" decided he just couldn't wait to join our family and wanted in on the Halloween fun!

I am happy to announce the birth of our cute little son, Tayevion!
Born on October 29th, 2008 3:35am wieghing in at 7 lbs 11 ounces (good thing he was 10 days early huh?!)
He is so healthy and snuggly and sweet as can be! We are loving having him in our family.
The proud mama and papa:

Here's how it all played out:

I had been having tons of contractions all of Sunday and Monday, but I went to the Dr. on Tuesday morning and she said that although I was almost at a 3, I was not effaced and the baby wasn't fully in position yet. She said "I think you will be fine until after Halloween". So I left reassured that things were going to go as planned. Yeah right. So that night I went to this Halloween thing with my kids and the whole time I kept having these really hard contractions. Some were to the point that I had to actually stop what I was doing, and concentrate. It was really wierd and not fun, especially because I kept thinking that this was more false labor and I was going to have to go through this every night for a week. Little did I know I was in early labor. So I left that night and went home and of course of all the luck I couldn't get a hold of Jonas to tell him I wasn't doing good. He was working late. Finally I was able to talk to him and he rushed home. We called some family to tell them what was going on just in case, and made arrangements to take the kids to my wonderful friend Chandelle, just in case. I kept thinking things were going to slow down and go away but they didn't and I had a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact that "this was it", I was really in labor!
Well to make a long story short, I was in pretty active labor because by the time we went to the hospital at 1am I was at 7cm and he was born 2 1/2 hours later! Those two and a half hours felt like an eternity, by the way. But overall it was a very good experience, I didn't even have to have an IV, no catheter (which to me is like the worst part ever), and not even any tearing. But best of all I have a wonderful, alert and content little boy as a result. So worth all the effort!
Recovery has been great and I enjoyed the time at the hospital where everyone is really to wait on you hand and foot. Now I am home and reality hasn't yet hit. Soon I am sure. I have 3 kids!
Here's a few more fun pictures:


The kids were thrilled of course and it was so cool to see the look especially on Shayden's face because you could just see all these emotions in his eyes after waiting for so long for this to happen. And oh it was so funny, the first thing that Jasmine said to me was "Mom, you tricked me." And completly surprised I said "How did I trick you?" and she said "You told me the baby was going to be born after Halloween!" I gasped and said "I did trick you!" Of course then I explained how I didn't mean to and that baby's sometimes come when you don't expect them to, but it was so funny because so many months ago I needed her to have a reference point, so that she would stop asking me if the baby was going to come that day!
Another cool thing is that he was born on my brother's birthday! So that will be a cool bond that they will get to share!

26 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

Oh Zildy I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you're having such a quick recovery! Your little man is precious.

Kailee said...

Congratulations, Zildy!! He is so so cute and I can't wait to see him!!

Life Adventures with Brian, Jamie, & Little Ethan said...

Zildy, Congrats! Your baby is super cute.

Marti Putnam said...

Welcome to the three kids club. I'm so excited to meet Tayevion. What a great name. Max is a great name too!

Molly Koch said...

congratulations!!! so fun! i am so happy for you that he is here. he is a doll. crazy baby story. :) lots of love to your whole family of 5!

Lisa M said...

Congratulations, so exciting and so unexpected. He is adorable!!!

Tara said...

Congrats! I am so happy all went well.

Knighton's said...

Congragulations!!!
New babies are so much fun, I cant wait to see him.

megbrench said...

Congrats Zildy!!! You are sooo my idol! I knew you guys would come up with a name sooner or later. Too bad Jonas receivevd a few grey hairs over it!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Handsome little guy!!! Congrads! We are thrilled for the new addition to your family! we love y'all!

Yadira said...

Cogratulations zildy and family, he is a darling little boy and I think he looks like you. Hope to see him soon.

Chandelle said...

Zildy,

So I just told Josie the name you choose and like I expected she is argueing with me that his name is "Baby Chacho". She even resorted to the last plea of "but don't you like the name Baby Chacho, its soooo cute!".

Just for the record though, I like the name you choose and we loved having your kids for a visit. Rest and enjoy your baby and I will work on convincing Josie NOT to call him Chacho.

PinkiMimi said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I love all the kids around you.

Jenny said...

What a sweet little guy! -- LOVE the name!! - Can I call him Taye? so cute! :) Congrats on nailing one down

Leisha said...

Zildy congrats! He is beautiful. So sweet and so fun. I'd love to take pictures of him. . .my gift to you. Email me and we can set something up.

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jess said...

What a beautiful baby. He is so small, my babies have NEVER been that small. You guys are such a cute family. We love you!!!

FAB SIX said...

Zildy and Family--He is sooo cute. I love visiting and holding him.

I was on goole doing some different searching and stumbled across Jonas blog. I loved reading his thoughts.

Take care and if you need anything, please call!

Angie said...

Congratulations!!! He is so adorable! You two make beautiful kids!

Mandy said...

Zildy. He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow, you are so lucky. I hope you have continued to feel well. I hope that someday....i get to see and hug him in person!!

Heidi said...

Too cute!! Congrats!!

hugsnkissis said...

Zildy, He is so cute, Congratulations! I know how you love this baby stage so if you want to send him to Cali, we'd love to have him!

Jilene said...

congrats Manuel Family!!! I'm thrilled for you. He is darling. So much dark hair! enjoy every minute!!

Rachel von said...

Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful baby. And we love his name. We will have to come see you soon. We love you and your adorable family!

Yvonne said...

I want to add my congrats to all of you. He's darling. You'll have to let me know how to pronounce his name correctly.

Kierstie said...

oh man the baby is so darling and when he is wearing his costum that is very cute he looks like a happy baby.
i am excited

~kierstie