Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fourth of July 2008

This year we had kind of a quiet celebration but it was nice.
We met my sister and her family at a park in the Avenues that was shady, had a nice view of the city, and best of all was completely empty. When we got there, a ward had just left and so we had the whole bowery and playground to ourselves. It was kind of overcast too, so it felt really good outside. We only had a window of about 2 hours to be together due to work schedules, so we just talked and ate lunch and of course the kids had a great time playing.


This is the first merry go around I have seen in years, I thought they took all of these out for liability reasons.

That is pretty much all that we did because I decided to leave that night instead of the next, for my trip to Boston and so we went home to pack and get the house cleaned up. It was still nice to relax and be together.

With so much turmoil going on in the world around me, I am so grateful that I live in a country where I enjoy so much freedom. I am grateful that my parents made the sacrifices needed for me to have such blessings in my life.

5 had something to say!:

Jenny said...

Proof that you don't have to go anywhere special to have a great time with family! It has been fun to see your summer adventures, even if I haven't been able to see you in person.. :(

When does Wendy Leave ? We should meet for lunch or something..

Yadira said...

You guys seemed to enjou yourselfs and relax, sometimes its not really important what you do but who you do it with. I decided to go private because I've heard that anyone can see your blog. It happened to me with a friend of mine from my ward. I have never told her that i have a blog and one day she commented in one of my posts. It was fine with me because I know her and she is a dear friend but imagine who else could have done that.
Zildy, you are not even showing. I mean your baby bump is still little.

Kailee said...

Those pictures are cute! Jasmine looks thrilled to be taking a picture in that one, though. She's so cute and makes me laugh. By the way...i have to ask you how to change something on the blog, but i'll just ask the next time i see you. (I guess that was pointless to write, huh?)

Leisha said...

Looks like you found the perfect little place for the 4th! I love just hanging out with family and friends. It's the best. Happy 24t today! :-) Brian's home and so now I can catch up on all of my blog reading!

Kierstie said...

oh thank shadyen.
and i have not told my mom about the tease thing lol
and i love babysitting for you guys:)
kierstie