Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beautiful New England

We had a really nice time visiting family in Boston this last week. Jonas was going to come with us but decided not to because he would have basically only been there for one day before he had to turn around and come home. So I went by myself with the kids. My parents had already been there for a few days when we got there.
We saw so many scenic places this time! Here are a few pictures:
The first day was a bit cloudy and chilly, but not too bad. It kept looking like it was going to rain but it didn't. We went to a little Seaport town called Nantasket.








Shayden had been dying to play with his cousing Bri, they had so much fun together.

The next day was much better weather, so we went to the cutest little town ever, Newport
Rhode Island. I loved this place, I definately want to go there again. There was so much to do there, first we walked around all the cute little shops:

then we drove by all of these amazing mansions:

And then we went on this gorgeous cliff walk:


my studly big brother


these two became the best of friends, it was so cute to see because up until now, they have wanted little to do with each other.
which reminds me, here they are putting on a little show for us:

I think it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

at this one part the sand was red, (?)
there was something coming in from the water, it was wierd.

Last day we did some shopping, and there wasn't enough room for all of us on the boat but they did take Shayden and he had a blast.

My sister in law has started doing face painting and so she did all of the kids faces:
And then we went to the yummiest Guatemalan restaurant that night! I had rellenitos which are my favorite thing in the world, I should have taken a picture.

10 had something to say!:

Kailee said...

Oh, I'm sooooooo jealous! I miss them so much!! You guys looked like you had lots and lots of fun. i want to go again!

by the way, on my blog, you did swim at that pool! my mom won it for a night at some relief society thing and we invited you guys to come too. so there's that story.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wow! That looks like a fun little trip for you and the kids. They are simply adorable! I'm excited that you are getting another little one soon!!! I added you to my blog as one I read. I hope that is ok.

I have a good life said...

I am super jealous, too! Great family! Great places! How awesome! :)

The 7B's said...

I love all of the pictures!

Jenny said...

Definitely want to go to the East Coast Someday (North East) - Your kids are bigger every time! :)

love you guys

The Family Man said...

I love the pictures baby. I'm happy you were able to go and have so much fun.

Erica said...

Elder Manuel (Jonas) I know this is your wife's work, but I have to say that these blogs are really great. It is nice to see your family and all that you guys have been up to. Sometimes I wonder why my wife posts so much and gets excited when people comment, but I think it is a great communication tool for our generation. I am glad to see you are doing so well and all the Utah pictures make me miss the Mountains. We are living in Houston now so there is not a Mountain in sight. Here is a link to my wife's webpage and blog.

http://web.mac.com/ericapeeler/Peelers_Home_Page/Welcome.html

Benjamin Peeler

Kierstie said...

hey zildy i have a blog too. and that is cool that you went to new england.
kierstie

Leisha said...

Looks like a fun trip! That is where my dad served his mission so I love to see different pictures of it. I love the picture of your kids peeking over the rails. So great.

jayme said...

hey!!! i have a blog now too!!! this is jayme btw!!! your kids are soo... cute!!!