Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Foot n Friends

This post is dedicated to my friends. I had a really bad monday this last week. Everything just seemed to go wrong. Plus my babysitter had called late the night before and she couldn't watch Jasmine for me and I had this mandatory meeting to go to so I was frantically calling people to ask for a favor, not fun. Turns out everyone had conflicts. So I reluctantly called my friend Wendy (who has a newborn-4 kids total right now!) and she said "sure!" I was so relieved. Until right after lunch Jasmine fell off of the barstool in the kitchen. Oh great, but when she calmed down pretty easily and laid down for her nap, I thought everything was fine. I woke her up right before we were scheduled to leave and she said her foot hurt and was "stuck". She couldn't move it! She couldn't stand on it! Now I was frantic. Change of plans, I guess I am going to the doctor instead of my meeting. That's when I got a call from my friend Jen who got done with what she had sooner and said she would be happy to take my kids, how nice, but no longer needed. And as I was headed out to pick up Shay from school, Katie calls and insisted I bring Shayden over to play while I take Jasmine to the dr. It was so comforting to feel so much care and concern pour out from all over. I really think it made the difference, because my attitude changed. I was able to just focus on the problem at hand and how to help Jasmine feel better.
Turns out much to my surprise, more like shock, her foot was not broken! It was a bad sprain, but not broken. And she wasn't complaining about the pain or anything, in fact this is her soon after we got home and were icing her foot:

What a blessing that she was fine! She couldn't walk and it was still very scary, but I was able to take advantage of blessing such as friends, and sick leave and good medical advice.
We were still able to take our trip 2 days later...and suddenly last Friday she started to walk on it again! Good health is truly a blessing! So are good friends...


0 had something to say!: