Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Sunday


My appreciation for Easter has grown in spades since last year.
We had such a great weeklong celebration leading up to a very spiritual, calm and reverent day. First of all I woke up and headed downstairs to my little office to work at 4am and was so bothered by the fact that it was raining! How gloomy, not the weather that I pictured for the perfect Easter Sunday. And then, as if right on Q, when I finished working at 8am, it was the wonderful after the rain sunny-ness, the earth smelling fresh and renewed. Perfection!
We had church services in the morning, then the family came over later for dinner at our house. It was very pleasant and good company. I had resolved to have nothing to do with the Easter Bunny on Sunday, however I had forgotten that for the past few years the cousins have had a tradition where they create an egg hunt with for the little kids with the eggs that they got the day before. How nice is that?
So I couldn't tell them no, and the kids had fun of course.
For dessert we had the Easter Story cookies that we made the night before, they were really yummy and then the kids all helped make "resurrection rolls" which were very delicious and easy too. It really was a great day!

1 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

I wish we could've been there for the cousin hunt! We miss you guys!