Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday is Family Day!

We were supposed to go to California today so I am a little bummed. We didn’t go not because the flights didn’t look good, but because the weather there was supposed to be rainy. The weather here is also forcasted as gloomy and rainy and to top it off~yard sale season has not yet begun! Growing up Saturdays were FAMILY DAY!!! This was a important weekly event that could not be missed except under the most dyer circumstances…much to my friends dismay. Family Day was filled with shopping, shopping and more shopping mostly. It was a time for us to go out as a family and bond. We would leave early on in the day, go shopping and go eat lunch together, shop at stores and later go see a movie as a family. And I must say that while I did dread going at times, it sure beat staying home and cleaning which was what most of my friends had to do all day! Needless to say, when I went to college and had no car and no family for Family Day, I realized how much I missed it. Now that I am wise and grown (hee hee), I have adjusted to a nice balance of some shopping, some cleaning, some yard sales if I’m lucky and some family time. After all, it takes plenty of time to prepare for Sunday with two kids and a Primary calling. But it is gloomy Saturdays like this when plans got postponed that I miss galavanting around town for FAMILY DAY the most!!!

0 had something to say!: