Sunday, February 11, 2007

Overjoyed




Today I went to church alone with the kids because DH had to work. And all that I can say is overjoyed was my emotion when I turned to look at my two kids and they were sitting reverently with their arms around each others shoulders during sacrament. They are so cute together! It was a sweet sight and it is moments like these that make me think of what I am most grateful for, my family. I worry as any parent does that I am not doing a good job as a mom. After all, the most important thing is that they turn out to be good people. And I don't just mean spiritually although that is a big part of it. To me it also means that they be kind, respectful, caring, giving people. Full of meekness, humility, charity....on and on. I had another sweet moment last night when I put my son Shayden to bed. I often whisper sweet nothings in my kids' ears after they are long asleep, things like, "I love you so much", "I am so proud of you", etc, etc, hoping that somehow on a subconscious level it will seep into their self esteem. Well, last night as I whispered in his ear that I was lucky to have such a great son he said right in the middle of his sleep "And I have a great mom!" out loud! How great is that?
I truly have great kids. I am kind of obsessed with them having good manners though. I hate when children and teens are disrespectful, rude and not grateful. The other day the parent volunteer on Shayden's bus told me that she was impressed with how well mannered and articulate he was and I think I blushed right on the spot. So today my mantra is...Motherhood makes me overjoyed!

0 had something to say!: