Sunday, September 6, 2009

This is the Place Heritage Park


This festival has turned into one of my favorite traditions of the summer. This year my sister and three of her kids got to go with us. It was so much fun!
I have to share this though, because I think there is something seriously wrong with me. I was standing in line behind a couple of moms waiting for our kids to get a turn to paint. And they were talking about what a disappointment this festival was. And I was intrigued naturally because I love it so much and there is soooo much to do!!! But apparently they thought it would be more like carnival rides and sitting around in the shade letting their kids play. Instead it was very hot, hot, hot and muggy and we were dragging our kids from one activity to the next. Anyway it was funny because here I am having a great old time and they are so bored. I tried to suggest some of the other activities that they might like, like the train, or the petting zoo. But they weren't having it. I know that most of you are way more content sitting at home sipping popsicles, but I would much rather cart my kids all over the place. I'm just a wierdo.
I'm sure Tayevion was thinking, what kind of a family was I born into?

The happy bunch.

1 had something to say!:

Yadira said...

We went too, and I saw wendy and her kids. I guess I had just missed you when we got there. I love that place and the kids enjoyed it alot. We took jorge's mom and she had never been there. I don't know what those ladies where thinking of good old family fun.