Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Year 2007 Evaluations

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

I Started documenting my life on an online journal, and...
I went to a Carribean island!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I used to set up this long list of goals and was disapointed when i didn't complete them. So I stopped doing it for a while. 2007 was the first year that I set some and there was only about 5 things on my list. I completed all but one of them so I think that was better. I love goal setting in general.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister gave birth at the very end of 2006 (Dec 27th) so all 2007 we have had a brand new little baby to watch grow.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully

5. What countries did you visit?
Guatemala and Aruba

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More patience and self discipline

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working out consistently for 4 months-I got kind of buff.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking better care of my body, not enough sleep, not enough good food, not enough spritual nourishment.
Hmm...both of those contradict themselves (?)

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I am grateful to enjoy good health overall.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
My passport-because it allowed me to become an "international traveler"!

11. Where did most of your money go?
Bills! Bills! Bills!

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting the news from Jonas that he had won a stay at a resort in Aruba! I jumped up and down screaming for a long time.

13. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? happier

b) thinner or fatter? not really thinner or fatter but less healthy

c) richer or poorer? probably the same, but rich in blessings right?

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
reading good books, taken advantage of my gym membership

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
being too harsh with my wonderful children


16. What was the best book you read?see # 14

17.What dates from '07 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 5-the day my cousin Ruti was sealed in the temple with her husband-such a spiritual experience

May 16-The very best wedding anniversary of my life (so far!)
June 8-The day I got the hardest calling of my life (so far!)

July 7-The date of the triple baptism of my niece, nephew, and other niece. My entire family was together for it.




August 24th and 25th-the best trip ever with just my kids. A day devoted just to Central Park and a whole day spent with my older brother.

October 28-the day I went to church where my parents were baptized, met and were married.wow!

November 18-the day of the Children's Sacrament Meeting Program
18.What was your favorite film of this year?
The great debaters-so moving and thought provoking--go see it!


19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 29 this year. It was a nice birthday, nothing major


20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

This year I was concerned that my concept of fashion had hit an all time low, so I made a slightly greater effort in this area, and I found that accessorizing with purses was quite fun. Next year I might actually wear jewelry every now and then...gasp!

21. What kept you sane?
Ice Cream and Gilmore girls and Travel

22. Who did you miss?
My Grandmother, Abue
23. What is your greatest wish for 2008?
To have another baby...there I said it! (and no, this is NOT an announcement)

3 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

Wow!!! I loved the answer to the last one! This was fun to read; thanks for posting!

I have a good life said...

What a great post. It makes me remember all over again how very much I miss you! :)

Kailee said...

Oooh, i like your post. very creative. ha ha and i know where you got your layout thing and i'm gonna get a new one because by blog needs some pizzazz! but anyways, 2007 was a pretty good year, i mean i'm 16! what could be better!