Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year Celebrations

I started to get sick the night before New Years Eve...rats!
But I was not about to let that ruin our celebrations, I was determined to go out and paint the town until at least 12:01am!
We decided to all go to the Old Spagetti Factory in historic Trolley Square and I love the atmosphere at that place. Very festive.


The food was okay this time, not spectacular. The kids, however, had a great old time and obviously Jasmine did not have any problem with the food. She took her spagetti very seriously.

After our dinner, we decided that each family would do our own thing to ring in the New Year. As for our family, we were going to go to First Night, this big celebration going on downtown, mostly because this year they were having a big New Orleans theme and we thought that would be fun. Part of the proceeds were also going to benefit Hurricane Katrina victims.

Before we separated we decided to go to Temple Square and see the lights all together since none of us had done that this Holiday Season (shame on us for living so close and not going!).

And as you can see from the picture...it was freezing!!!! My parents didn't even meet up with us. They parked their car and got out and turned right back around! The rest of us lasted all of about 20 minutes. Then we too were frozen, and our idea to go to first night was out the window. I think it was like 9 degrees!

Anyway we went home, Jonas and the kids drank hot cocoa and danced around the house. Just kidding, I don't really know what they did because Jonas woke me up ten minutes before midnight to see the ball drop in Times Square and wish each other a Happy New Year. Jonas bought those poppers things and I think I was half asleep because they handed me one of the big ones, I didn't know what to do with it and I pulled the string and aimed it directly at Shayden's leg! Of course he yelped in pain and shock and then Jasmine started crying...and that's how we rang in 2008. Memorable.

1 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

Sorry about the cold. Maybe you should move to TEXAS! :) Love the picture with Jonas and the kids. Too cute. Miss you guys.