Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Picnic

Shayden's school had a fun little mother's Day picnic on Friday. He was so excited for me to go. I don't want that excited-to-have-your-mom-come-to-school feeling to ever go away even though I know it will eventually. In the meantime, I will enjoy it. First we sang the hokey pokey and a couple of other silly songs together and then we sat and ate our lunch. We had to eat in the gym because it was rainy off and on that day. I decided to bring us both Kids Meals from Wendy's. He thought that was great. I didn't get a lot of good pictures but I did get this one of him holding the present that he made and wrapped for me. Inside was a book where he had written a few journal entries about things we had done together. Except it was interesting because he made it all up. For example, on the one where it said "When you took me to a fun place...and he wrote...and we played lazer tag in the park...well that's great but have never done that. I thought that it was kind of funny that he couldn't pick one of the millions of fun places we have gone together, he had to make one up. :)It was also really touching that while I was opening my present some other kid was over by him trying to get him to go play. And Shay said to him, "Just a minute please, I need to spend time with my mom right now". And the kid kept bugging him to go and Shayden wouldn't budge, he kept putting him off until I had finished reading the little book. I thought that was great. What a great kid I have!

0 had something to say!: