Saturday, May 10, 2008

Jonas' birthday week

Jonas and I have birthday's that are 4 days apart!

Jonas' actual birthday fell on Date Night Friday so I wanted to do something a little bit different. I wanted to take him up to Silver Lake and have a picnic but the weather wasn't good enough for that, and I am so glad that I changed the plans.

I was looking at go city kids (which just changed the website and I am not sure if I like it) and it said that Hilltop Gospel Choir would be singing at the First Presbyterian church downtown. This sounded very interesting to me as we both love gospel choirs, of course. We got there and were blown away by how good it was! We loved it and I think we were the only ones in the audience clapping and really getting into the music, it was awesome!




first of all the church was beautiful, check it out

Then these sister's, The Cadet Sisters got up to sing and once again we were amazed. They are 5 sisters that all have sang practically from birth and they are so good. They are so cute, all of them.

These girls, wow, they had no problem getting up and speaking (and singing) of their beliefs, if only I could raise kids that would be so strong and faithful, it would be so wonderful.

There is another sister that is about 8 that is also going to join the group when she gets a little bit older, she sang a solo and I think it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. If only I could record that and play it to my kids as a lullaby, I would be in heaven.

It was so neat to be in another church and feel the Holy Spirit witness to me that what they were singing about was true, I love that as Latter Day Saints we are encouraged to look for truth everywhere, and there was a lot of it there. We bought their cd. We were really fortunate because the Cadet family is moving out of the state and so this was a one of a kind performance that will not be happening again for a long time. It was so spiritually uplifting and we left that place feeling so happy! And best of all Jonas loved it.


We also had a birthday dinner with the family. Usually we combine it with mine and my mom's birthday but this year we decided to give him his own special celebration:

For his birthday I also asked that Jonas' friends and family from literally all over, send him birthday wishes via email. The response was so overwhelming and if any of you are reading this --Thank You--! It was such a neat thing to hear him each night, reading everyone's messages, he was truly touched and felt so much love.

He said it was one of his best birthdays ever.


Happy birthday to my wonderful Husband! I am so glad that you were born!

1 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

Wow, that's awesome!! Happy birthday Jonas, I'm SO glad it was a good one!