Saturday, May 31, 2008

Anniversary Trip to California

For our anniversary Jonas surprised me and arranged for us to go to LA for the day. My sister was gracious enough to take our kids and it was so nice to have a whole day with only my hubby!

We flew into Long Beach Airport and then rented a car. We had rented them smallest car that they had of course but when we got there all that they had was a convertible for us. We said "sure!". It had literally NO storage space, but all we had was one backpack so it was no big deal. Then the top malfunctioned so we weren't able to have the top down but it was still a cool little car to drive. Jonas kept wanted to see how fast it would go.

It was so hot but I loved the heat, I have missed it so much.
First we went a bought a few things at the store and then we headed toward the Hollywood area. It took us forever to get there because of the traffic! I couldn't believe (well actually I could) the amount of traffic for a Saturday! We hadn't been here together since Shayden was about 1 so almost 6 years ago. It was fun to see all the little touristy places and people taking pictures everywhere. We did some window shopping and then ate at this food court type place on Hollywood Blvd and I had yummy Mongolian barbeque.
Then another long drive and we headed to the beach. We ended up going to Redondo Beach.

It was packed with cars but the beach itself wasn't very crowded. It was relaxing and fun to be there, there water was freezing (as usual) and we didn't get in all the way.
And that was pretty much it. It was a long and fun day.

5 had something to say!:

Yadira said...

You guys look great!! Zildy you look so beautiful with your pregnant belly. How far along are you? Congrats on your anniversary. Time flies by, our own 9th wedding anniversary is around the corner.

Take care, Yadira

Jenny said...

You guys! - that is awesome! How fun! I love the ocean! :) Happy Anniversary! - Jen

PS: Yad is right, you DO have a cute belly! :)

Kailee said...

How much fun!! California is one of the best places to vacation. We had fun with your kids!

suefoutz said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! You guys are still so cute together I hope Tyler and I are as happy as you two when we hit 10 years.

Kailee said...

I forgot to tell you that you had a freakin SWEET car! I'm jealous. You should have brought it home so I could drive it around for my own car. :)