Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Mother's Day was peaceful and nice.
The night before Jonas surprised me and took me out to dinner. He also brought over some beautiful flowers from our neighbor's garden (with permission, of course).

fresh flowers on my table are pretty much my favorite thing
I had to work boo hoo in the morning, but Jonas made me a wonderful breakfast and it was delicious.

Then at church the Young Men and Young Women did Sharing Time and Singing Time and so there was so little for me to do it felt wierd. I am used to running around for 2 hours. So that was nice.

After church there was stuff to do but I took a nap instead. A long one. It had been a really long, hectic week so it felt especially nice.

(insert picture of me napping here, j/k)
Then around 4pm we went to my sister's house to celebrate. Since the men are always in charge of the dinner, the moms got to sit around and chat, which is what we do best. This allowed us to snap this cute picture of Jasmine and her sweet little cousin. Jasmine is thinking "don't worry, you can look up to me all you want, somebody has to".


This year Jonas was in charge and he decided to make us Shrimp Etouffee. It was so yummy! Not only did we have a fancy dinner, but the men had us ladies sit down first and then they served us! The brought out an awesome salad as the first course and homemade strawberry lemonade!

Another highlight of the evening was the little program by the kids. This year the three boys performed a little number to the tune of "You are my Sunshine", choreographed by my nieces, of course. It was the cutest thing ever but I didn't take a picture. I did however, videotape it. And as soon as I figure out how to upload it, I will put it on this post. I also got some great presents, and my nieces all made me cute little cards and Kiki even made each mom a Mom's Mix music cd. What a great day!

2 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

The men rocked that night! I wish I could've been there. :)

Kailee said...

that was a fun night. i feel so special to be put on a link!