Saturday, December 15, 2007

Girl's Sleepover


I believe that any big transition in a friends life deserves a sleepover. Two of my very best friends are on the brink of big change. Wendy is moving to California very soon and Jen is getting married in the spring. For pictures of her engagement, click here. So what a good opportunity for a girls night. We ate at a pizza/salad place and then went back to Wendy's sister's house where we just talked and talked and well, talked some more.

It was so good to catch up, it felt like ages since we had spent time like this together, without kids to chase around (Well we had Wendy's baby but at 4 months she is not being chased anywhere). I'm so glad Jonas is so supportive of me doing stuff like this to bond with my friends. It was so fun, we tried to keep Jen up but since she had to leave for work so early in the morning (2:30am!) so couldn't stand it any longer and went to sleep. Wendy and I stayed up until Jen had to leave at 2:30 and then I slept for a few hours and left at 7:30am.
I kept begging them to take a picture and they finally agreed, this was as good as I we could get, since there was no one to take it for us.
I have known these girls for almost 20 years now and it is such a valuable thing to have a friendship that lasts that long, I think. I feel really blessed to know them. We are all three so different yet that is what makes it so fun to come together and touch each other's lives for good.
Thank goodness for good friends!

2 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

How fun! I haven't had a sleepover in years and years. I love girls' nights, though! :)

This is Us! said...

All right, that's it, I want to officially be your "friend!" Looks like you had SO much fun!

On a totally separate note, next time I see you, you'll have to teach me how to make these cute backgrounds on the blog!