Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Holiday Kickoff!


I think I have started a new holiday tradition.

I signed up to volunteer at the Festival of Trees this year and it was the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit! We walked around as a family for the first little while and then I started my little shift as a hostess.
I basically just safeguarded a section of trees that were pretty amazing. All of the proceeds go to Primary Children's Hospital and every tree is donated and sold, most of which are dedicated to a loved one that has passed away. The stories behind them were so touching and found me thinking about how grafeful I am to enjoy good health.



Now I'm ready to trim my own tree!

2 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

The Festival of Trees is awesome, isn't it??? I love it!! Our family does one every few years in honor of loved ones, and it's always an amazing thing to see all the work and love that goes into each tree.

The 7B's said...

Is your tree all trimmed up now that you got all of these good ideas? I can't wait to see it!