Sunday, December 23, 2007

Yes this is Christmas

It's that time of year again.
I started with my shopping really early this year, like September, and actually shipped my packages with enough time for them to get to their destinations before Christmas! I have been setting deadlines for myself.
Wednesday and Friday were cleaning the house.
Friday night was wrapping presents (all night long!) what a relief to have that done
Saturday was for getting all my Primary documents finished (and I didn't, but almost)
Today, Sunday is for getting my neighbor gifts out
Monday will be making food for Tuesday and then we will head to my sister's house and celebrate Christmas Eve with a big Guatemalan dinner (Paches and Ponche). Yum. This year we are doing a Nativity program and a white elephant (this time not green) gift exchange and then opening presents at 9pm-ish and then going home to wait for Santa!
We will then wake up in the morning and see what Santa brought, have breakfast/brunch as a family and then get ready for the rest of the family to come to our house for our big dinner Louisiana style. We will be having Shrimp Etoufee like we did last year. It's so yummy.

Can't wait for the festivities to begin.
In the meantime, we went sledding last night.


At 8pm at night to be exact.
Yes it was freezing.


But fun.
And funny. It has been a REALLY long time since I have laughed so hard tears came out of my eyes. It was the kind of belly roll laughter that you can't help but just fall on the ground and hold your stomach. Jonas didn't have boots and for some reason unknown to man he decided to wear his Doc Martins in the snow! The hill was steep and the funniest sight ever was watching him try to pull the sled up the hill, inch by inch, sliding all the while. Thanks, honey for a great laugh, it really is good medicine. And it took my mind off the numbness in my ears and hands!

2 had something to say!:

Kailee said...

Cute pics! Check my blog and you will be overjoyed....

I have a good life said...

How sad that my kids have NEVER been on a sled! What a fun night. We missed you on Christmas.