Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sibling Bonding and other Christmas Eve Events

All of my siblings were here for Christmas!!!  And the siblings in laws and the cousins all together for the Holidays for the first time in a LONG time.  The only person who was missing was one sister in law due to divorce, and that was very sad.  We missed you R! 

Well, of course I was pretty proud of myself for initiating some sibling bonding.   So on Christmas Eve my sister and two brothers and I went out to have a bite and bond.  It was funny because in the middle of eating I announced "okay so the reason I called this meeting...".  Everyone looked up at me like "I knew it!" but then I said "just kidding!".  So we talked.  And we laughed.  And we got closer.  And we realized that we couldn't even remember the last time the four of us were out together.  So nice.  And I can't believe that in all of the days that we were together, we never once took a picture of only the four of us together.  Unless someone else got one but we all shared pictures so I don't think so.

Okay wait here is one picture that we took while we were out.  It's of my brother Derick since we sat next to each other.  The enders, because he's the oldest and I'm the youngest. (we even have a dance)

Every year the kids do a nativity.  It was especially fantastic this year because all the cousins were together.





Next came eating Guatemalan Paches but somehow I don't have any pictures of that either.  That's another big tradition of ours.  Then we got started with the madness, er--I mean opening presents.



This year Shayden made "God's Eye's" for each of the cousins.  He learned how to make them in Spanish class.  And Jasmine made picture frames, but they are not pictured.

Every year we celebrate Christmas Eve at my sisters home and then we go home late at night to wait for Santa.  But this year was different.  This year every single other cousin was going to be waking up together on Christmas morning.  So how could we deny our kids that super important pleasure?  So we decided to spend the night and wake up there on Christmas morning!  Jasmine wanted Jonas to go on the roof and leave a note for Santa that said "Closed.  Please go to cousins."  Haha!   Stay tuned for Christmas Day.

0 had something to say!: