Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Resolution Update

I set a whole bunch of goals in 2008. This year I don't think I will set that many. It was a good year though, I really do feel like I accomplished a lot. I think this was mainly due to being pregnant and wanting to get so much done before the baby came.
Here goes my evaluation of how I did...

Goal #1
Be more productive with my mind--Read one book per quarter -
I more than filled my quota for the year, thanks to the Twilight series and the pregnancy. Here's the books I haven't yet reported on...

Belly Laughs,
I have wanted to read this for some time, pretty crude (I had to skip a few parts), and not as funny as I had hoped, but I'm still glad that I read it. Someone has to write about this stuff no holds barred.

HypnoBirthing,

This one was awesome!

Mind over Labor,
This one I needed to re-read because it is awesome too.

I am a Mother,


A must read for any mother!!! An inspiring, easy read.
The Naked Truth,
A very interesting and eye opening true story.
Goal Number 2
Take care of myself--Wash my face every night
Did not do so hot on this one. My face cleared up with the pregnancy so I slacked.

Goal Number 3
Learn something new--Learn 10 key - I have been practicing with the 10 Key Tutor, and since I get to practice this regularly with my job, I was able to practice a lot.

Goal Number 4
Grow closer to God--Take an institute class-done-we took a wonderful Parables class full of kids half our age that made us feel really old.

Goal Number 5
Gain a talent--Learn to knit or crochet-well back in January my friend Leah did teach me how to crochet, can't say I did much with it though.

Goal Number 6
Family History--Compile Jasmine's baby book -almost done, still need to put a few pictures in. And in my defense, I did complete Shayden's book (pathetic I know) before I started on this one.

Goal Number 7
Slow down--Take up meditating again - good thing I was practicing for labor--done! Will definitely expand on this next year though.

Goal Number 8
Increase family together time--Buy a board game and play it: Not a board game but as a family we got obsessed with Family Frenzy. It's a fun card game, and Jasmine beats us all the time so it's good for super young kids too!

Goal Number 9
Improve physical fitness--Work out consistently--Thanks to my co-workers for creating the "exercise guild" at work. I did consistently work out about 20 min 3 times per week, until the baby came. Not a lot but something.

1 had something to say!:

I have a good life said...

Good job, Z! I am a firm believer in goals. They get us to where we want to be, one step at a time! Great job. Miss you.