Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Christmas Season

The kids at their respective Christmas performances at school:
Jasmine-here you can really see how small she is, it doesn't help, however, that they put her next to the tallest girl in the class.


Shayden, they did a song with flashlights, he is in the back with a blue light.
And this is a random picture at the ward party where the Primary Children sang. I had just been released as Primary President, and I remember when the kids were singing that I was in the audience, and I started singing right along with them. Because that is what you do when you are a leader in Primary. But then I realized that no one around me was singing, just listening, and I suddenly realized I was one of them now. It made me sad, but not that sad. You know that feeling like when you know it's the right thing, but it's still hard and kind of sad? Well that is how I felt. Relieved, but nostalgic.
Another really amazing thing that we did this last Christmas, was go see this live nativity at a park nearby. It was incredible, and if they keep doing it, will be one of our yearly traditions. The music was choreographed just for this, they brought in live animals and the performers sang beautifully.

2 had something to say!:

This is Us! said...

Wow, that live Nativity scene sounds great! I totally understand what you mean about singing along with the primary kids...it's strange to not be in there anymore!

And yes, I have to tell you, it was Jasmine that was the playdate I spoke of in my blog! lol

Yadira said...

I wanted to go to the live nativity scene, was it Liberty Park that did it? But we live far and it is not convenient to drive to Slc so frequently. I think this year we might check it out.